Writerly News

So it's been a big few weeks writing-wise for me. One of my YA manuscripts, Agatha Abel Meets Her Maker, was shortlisted for The Text Prize. I didn't win, but even being shortlisted was a pretty wonderful thing.

I've ALSO been shortlisted for the Rachel Funari Prize for Fiction. I don't know if I've won that one yet, but to be shortlisted by authors I have immense respect for, Melissa Lucashenko, Maxine Beneba Clarke and Lorelei Vashti has given me a pretty intense case of feelings.

Of course, awards are a beautiful thing. It's nice to be acknowledged, and even nicer to know that your work has touched someone in a profound enough way to even be shortlisted. That touch is really all we can hope for as writers.

On top of it all, I'm going to be speaking at National Writers' Month's Across State Lines online session at 6pm this Thursday. I'll be doing this alongside some pretty great humans, such as Alex Griffin, Emily Meller, Lucy Nelson, Katerina Bryant, Caitlin Richard and Kaitlyn Plyley. All in all, it should be an interesting panel exploring the different writerly ecosystems of Australian states. 

Hope to see you (well, digitally) there!

No comments:

Post a Comment