Read Around America

In just over two weeks, I’ll be shipping out of cool, winter Brisbane and heading halfway around the world to a summery United States. It’s my first time going to America and my first time overseas to a country that isn’t New Zealand or an Australian island in almost fifteen years.

It’s a little bit crazy.

For anyone wondering, my reason for the trip is that I was accepted into the Tin House Summer Writers’ Workshop which is held between the 12 – 19 July. I’ve also tacked on a bit of a holiday onto either side of it. My trip is taking me first to Seattle, then Portland for the workshop, New Orleans, New York and Boston. I’ll be leaving on the 5th of July and back on the 2nd August. It’s going to be a big month!

The question I’ve got at the moment though is what, exactly, I should read on the trip. I’m thinking I should be tackling quintessential American novels while I’m over there, or novels set in the places I’m visiting.


So! What books do you recommend for good reading while travelling around America?

No comments:

Post a Comment