Friday Finds

GEEKERY
Your week in trailers: The End of the Tour looks really interesting. So does Felt. Cosmos Laundromat looks beautifully made.The first teaser for The Good Dinosaur has me pretty stoked. Mistress America looks straight up delightful. Macbeth is probably becoming one of my most anticipated films of the year.

- The Game of Thrones musical is basically amazing.

- Pretty stoked to see Matt Fraction and Kelly Sue DeConnick adapting The Wicked and + the Divine for TV!

- Lumberjanes is being adapted too and all I can think is pleasebegoodpleasebegood.

- These destroyed homes overrun with flowers are giving me a lot of feelings.

#LONGREADS
I'm an enormous Mad Men fan, but even if I wasn't, this piece by the show's creator, Matthew Weiner, on creativity and not hiding the brushstrokes is wonderfully sound advice for any artist.

Kelly Link's introduction to Angela Carter's The Bloody Chamber is an awesome exploration of what makes Carter such a formative voice in genre fiction.

2 comments:

  1. That Matthew Weiner article is amazing and just what I needed to read today. Thanks Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I loved it too. It's such a good way of framing creative processes.

      Delete