I may snap and I move fast

This year is going lightning fast. It's pretty nuts to think we're already checking out at the halfway point. By all accounts, it feels like we're over the hump that, for whatever reason, sat fat and angry at the start of this year. Things seem to be lightening up.

But looking ahead, I'm spending a lot of June tidying things up ready to spend July in America. It's my first time in the country, so I'm tentatively excited for it. Well, maybe a little more than tentatively. Maybe very excited. But nervous too. I've talked before about the fact that I'm a root layer more than a nomad, and this isn't a great big move, but in some ways it feels like it. It's four weeks in another country, bouncing state to state, and that's not always a form I do well in.

I hope I get a taste for it. I'd love to be more inclined that way. To find some traveller blood in me. Shake off this home body.

We'll wait and see, I guess.


No comments:

Post a Comment