Friday Finds

The last couple of weeks have been monster ones and it's left me scrambling a bit to catch up with things that aren't the day job. I got off to a good start on Wednesday, finishing off two new short stories which always gives me the best feels. My time doesn't seem to be getting any less busy though - I'm going to a masterclass on Saturday with science fiction writer, Glenn Morgan and the start of the IRL Festival next week too.

How about you though? What are you up to at the moment?
Your week in trailers: The Gallows trailer gave me a huge fright at the end! I am tentatively excited for the new Fantastic Four. I am insanely excited about When Marnie was There which looks stunning (as Studio Ghibli films usually are), and also already casually getting crushed by The Little Prince trailer. Nightingale looks powerful too. Also Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell has me making all the heart eyes.

- Even the implication of a Ms. Marvel miniseries makes me SO HAPPY.

- Brisbane's getting a new film festival in the form of the Queensland Film Festival!

- I am completely in love with this editorial done in the style of Picnic at Hanging Rock.

- Lady bachelor paper dolls!

- The Hot Topic Avengers collection is everything I want. I'm lusting after the Stark Industries bomber jacket.

- This animated history of hairstyles is very cool.

- Anime and manga for beginners.

- These 25 famous women talking about female friendships are pretty wonderful..

- Amy Schummer, Tina Fey, Patricia Arquette and Julia Louis Dreyfuss talking about their last fuckable days is pretty magical.

- The Stella Prize winner has been announced! Congrats to Emily Bitto!

- How to tell if you're in a Shirley Jackson story.

- This (kind of) long read on asshole's in prestige drama is pretty great too.

- Kelly Sue DeConnick continues to be my straight up fave while talking woman rage and body autonomy in context with her new comic book series Bitch Planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment