Is that all there is?


I'm a huge fan of Mad Men, so starting on the final run of episodes has a real bitter sweet feel to it. That said, the eighth episode of the season (that really felt like a new season opener, even if it's still technically season 7) played the marvelous song Is That All There Is? three times, which is a pretty rare feat for Mad Men.

As a result though, I've pretty much played the song on repeat for the last two weeks, hence the name of this post and, well, look it may or not be on several different writing playlists now.

In real life news - May's gotten a bit explosive - my mum's moving interstate which is very exciting for her, but also something that makes me a little sad as the opportunity for me to just drop in twice a week has more or less been shot. My sister's back in town though, and I'll be seeing more and more of my little brother. It's strange, given I had such constant relationships with family growing up to have what now is almost a kaleidoscope of relationships - changing shape and form and colour, to and from and back again.

Ah well. Fuel for writing, right?

On that note, I've set myself a few big writing goals this month from finalising the short story collection to getting out a new draft of my manuscript. I've written a ton of short fiction not a part of the collection over the last few weeks, so to redirect my focus again should hopefully be a good thing.

Just lastly, I'm thrilled to say that I will have a short story in the final Sleepers Almanac too, which is super exciting, so stay tuned for news on that too.

How about you though? What have you got set for May?

No comments:

Post a Comment