What I Read April

Oddly enough, I really find reading a short story collection slows down my reading habit. It’s not that I didn’t devour (and totally love!) Shirley Jackson’s The Lottery and Other Stories, just that hopping in and out of storyworlds means it’s a little harder to plunge into a whole new one once it’s finished.

I ended up following the taut horror of Jackson’s stories with the totally wonderful This One Summer by Jillian and Mariko Tamaki. It’s a gorgeous coming of age story that deals with shifting friendships and mental illness very tenderly.

I finished up the month with Dark Rooms by Lili Anolik which I’m really still making my mind up on. It’s an engaging and compelling story, and Anolik is an interesting writer, but I can’t help but feel with a few changes it could’ve made a terrific YA novel instead of this adult crime novel it currently sits at.


So yeah, a quiet few weeks of reading! How about you? What did you read in April?

No comments:

Post a Comment