Shop Girl: Usagi 'Sailor Moon'


Sailor Moon was one of those formative stories for me. I still remember my sister and I wrangling VHS tapes and learning how to record on it at the tender ages of seven and nine respectfully to ensure we didn't miss out on an episode while we were in after school care. Even now, Maddy and I marathon the whole series pretty much every year. It's the best.

I love all the sailor scouts too, but Usagi has a special place in my heart. It's rare to find a female character with an arc as defined, as honest and courageous as hers. Her journey from self-declared cry baby, spoiled and sweet and with little work ethic turns into a bona fide hero. Her loyalty to all of her friends, her kindness and her desire to find the best in people are things that elevate her as a hero, not undermine her, and the show isn't afraid to keep her flawed even when she's saving the world - over and over and over.

Usagi Tsukino, Sailor Moon.
1. Short Sleeve Cotton Shirt, Target. $20.
2. Sailorette the Sea Shorts. Modcloth. $50.
3. Red Hair Bow, Lorettajos. $8.
4. Sailor Moon Necklace, Charming Sushi. $13.
5. Luna Bag, Sailor Moon x Samantha Vega Line. 
6. Bow My Way Cardigan. Modcloth. $40.
7. Cherry Red Docs, Dr. Martens. $125.

No comments:

Post a Comment