Friday Finds

It’s been an odd and very busy couple of weeks since I got back from the States. From new commitments to old ones, to getting ready to move house, reading at the launch of Kate Forsyth’s newest novel, The Beast’s Garden, to preparing for Brisbane Writers Festival. So exciting! So busy! And it doesn’t really look to wind down any time soon. I think I’m getting better at balancing all these things, but it’s a tightrope still.

Anyway, better things ahead.  


WATCHING


Australia's had such an awesome suite of women-created and performed webseries lately, and Fragments of a Friday is a terrific addition to the canon. I've inhaled it this week. Also: hilarious.


I'm basically obsessed with this trailer for The Witch. Definitely a must watch for me, whenever it comes out in Aus.




These 50 essential films about exhiliratingly bad women is bulking out my to-watch list too.



READING


Drunk and/or tired!Sophie's new thing has been to buy all the true crime. It's not something I've been regretting, particularly when I buy the work of the tremendous Ann Rule. Small Sacrifices is detailed, honest and avoids sensationalism. It's terrific.

Five classic horror stories you can read for free. I know what I'm doing this weekend~





This article exploring the work of Lucia Berlin and other formative American, female short fiction authors is wonderful.


The marriage of The Onion headlines and Jane Austen is basically a perfect one.





I'm pretty obsessed with these bookish business cards too. Particularly 2, 8 and 10!




This story about two women finally getting married after being together for 72 years gave me all the feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment