Friday Finds

Hey! It''s your new look~ Friday Finds. I've been thinking of mixing it up the format for a few months, but thought I'd leave it til I got back from the States. So here it is! I also wanted to take this opportunity to say that I'll be pulling back from blogging a bit. Not substantially, but I'm merging my Sunday Short post into my Friday Finds, and will be blogging on Mondays and Wednesdays too. It's a bit of a shift, but one I think I'll be able to stick to a bit more rigorously as my attentions start to be dedicated to other projects.

In related (and very exciting) news, I'm one of the new bloggers for Momentum Press! I'll be linking my posts here during my Friday Finds, so you can expect to see those popping up more and more.

Anywho, onwards and upwards!

WATCHING


I tried to watch 30 Rock years ago and couldn't get into it. Last week, I decided to give it another shot and basically powered through two and a half seasons in a matter of days. I guess this is my life now.



I also saw Trainwreck the other day! It was a lot of fun, and basically cemented my love for Amy Schumer and Bill Hader, although I agree with the reviews which like, IDK, she didn't seem like much of a mess to me?



In things I haven't watched yet, but am very excited to: Vinyl and Westworld look amazing! While it would've been great if they'd cast a trans actor in the lead role, but About Ray still looks very good. The Keeping Room definitely looks up my alley too.


READING


This week, I've been reading a few things, but nothing has stood out as much as Zora  Their Eyes Were Watching God 

EW has a terrific article exploring what went wrong with Josh Trank's Fantastic Four. 
Read it here.




Thomas Mallon and Alice Gregory debate whether virtuous characters can be interesting for The New York Times.
Read it here.




Greg Neri is reimagining Truman Capote and Harper Lee's childhood together in his new middle grade book, Tru & Nelle. 
Read about it here.




LISTENING TO


It's not a secret that I am OBSESSED with Steven Universe and Women Write About Comics has compiled a ton of the wonderful music from it, so basically I'm listening to this non-stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment