No one will ever love you


April 2015 by Sophie Overett on Grooveshark


I had all these plans for the Easter break, but between seeing family and friends, I accidentally mainlined a season of Nashville. It's super trashy, but in the best possible way and I am basically obsessed. Plus the music is to die for. You're lucky this month the mixtape isn't just the soundtrack of the series. I got away with just two songs - Sam Palladio and Claire Bowen singing If I Didn't Know Better and Connie Britton and Charles Esten's No One Will Ever Love You. Both are pretty remarkable / my jam.

March slipped through my fingers a bit. I spent most of it down the rabbit hole writing a new draft of a young adult manuscript, and between that and the day job, the rest of my life and obligations took a bit of a back step. I've been catching up on that this week - seeing people and scheduling posts, watching movies for The Oscars Project.

As a result, I haven't written anything seriously since the end of last month, but that's changing. I've fallen back in love with a few short stories so am hoping to get those out into the ether this week before plunging into another longer process.

It's been nice for the little break, even if I have filled it up with Nashville. 

How about you? What are you working on in April?

No comments:

Post a Comment