Friday Finds

This has been such a slow week for this blog, sorry! I did have things scheduled, but I've been distracted trying to finish a YA manuscript to submit to The Text Prize. It's one I've been working on for quite a while, but I made the questionable decision to make some drastic changes. It's been good, and ambitious, and good, and I'm really happy with the direction of it, so fingers crossed, right?

Anywho, your Friday Finds.
- Your week in trailers: I'm loving that the rom-com seems to be making a comeback. Man Up looks like a pretty delightful entry into the genre too! Every trailer for Dope makes me want to see it more and more. Plus, how great does Slow West look?

- Species in Pieces is a pretty remarkable and beautifully designed site on endangered animals.

- This day in the life of Alaskan sled dogs are giving me a serious case of heart eyes.

- On that note, these photographs capturing the lives of Reindeer People are also pretty amazing.

- Rihanna's new song is awesome. 

- These Orphan Black dresses over at Hot Topic are giving me life too.

- This tumblr devoted to teen bedrooms from movies is everything.

- These vintage wedding photographs are beautiful and full of so much history and personality.

- Five ways to tell if he's into you: the animalia edition


- This dude's fake self-help books are basically the best.

- As are these classic novels redesigned as food cans.

- This list of awesome female protagonists are adding a lot of books to my to-read list!

- This interview with Janelle Asselin who's currently kickstarting a new romance comic imprint is a delightful and interesting read into the medium. And hey! You should totally help Kickstart it. I know I have.

- This article on rape in art and why it's not a justification for it as a narrative tool in comic books is a fascinating and compelling read.

No comments:

Post a Comment