Friday Finds

I'm heading to Sydney this weekend for the All About Women conference at Sydney Opera House. I'm ridiculously excited for a couple of reasons - one, travelling to Sydney's always pretty fun, the guests are amazing and I'm ticking off another of my 24 Before 25 items - going to a festival for a festival and not to work at it. I'll be livetweeting over on my Twitter too, so feel free to follow me.

Also the Gold Coast Film Festival released it's program this week and it is a total killer. Check it out here.
- It's International Women's Day this weekend! Celebrate with this feminist ranking of female superheroes.

- Your week in trailers: more Orphan Black!! I'm counting down the days! Mr. Holmes looks like a really interesting take on a story that's been told to death recently.

- This article on 10 films that inspired Mad Men is pretty fascinating.

- An Adventure Time movie! Sign me up!

- Accidental wolves are the best sort of pet!

- This Wes Anderson-esque X-Men is giving me life right now.

- Start your weekend by reading 8 of the 10 Oscar nominated screenplays.

- Which book should you read next based on your zodiac sign?

- Which Hogwarts House were you ALMOST sorted into? From Pottermore, I know I'm a Ravenclaw, and apparently now an almost-Slytherin.

- This tiny, mobile library is basically all of my retirement plans.

- Book mugs!

- Book jewellery! 



This piece by the ever wonderful Catherynne M. Valente on writing strong, kick-heart characters is awesome and has me fist pumping like crazy.

The nameless narrator may have been around forever, but it's hard to argue the narrative tool is on the rise these days. This piece in The New Yorker talks about it pretty poetically.

No comments:

Post a Comment