Friday Finds


- Your week in trailers: Veep season 4!!! The Connection looks really good. The cinematography in the trailer's sublime. Tomorrowland looks like a lot of fun. The new Inside Out trailer is infinitely better than the first. I am getting progressively more and more excited for Netflix's Daredevil. Roar looks kind of batshit. This new Kurt Cobain documentary looks moving. Adult Beginners looks good too.

- This Cinderella versus Belle rap battle is giving me life right now.

- I am totally obsessed with The Madonna Inn, captured over at A Beautiful Mess.

- These forty pictures in forty years are a beautiful and moving project in aging and growing up.



The Baileys Women's Fiction Prize longlist has been announced! 

- So has The Stella Prize shortlist!

- And on a related note, 12 empowering children's books to give to little girls.

Pioneering woman surfers in Iran!

One of the things that got me into superheroes and geek culture was watching the Teen Titans series when I was a young teenager. Starfire was always my fave, which is why it's been a little rage-inducing to see her character so poorly treated recently in the comics. Her new costume though is certainly a step in the right direction. There's a great #longread on her history over at Women Write About Comics which I totally recommend everyone read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment