Shop Girl: Lizzie Bennet 'Pride and Prejudice'


Surprisingly, I'm not actually a big re-reader. Once I've read a book, no matter how much I might love it, it usually ends up collecting dust on my bookshelves. That said, there are a few books that I re-read semi-regularly, the Harry Potter series being one (or, well, seven) and Pride and Prejudice is one of the others. It's horribly cliche, but I really do love the story, not just for Mr. Darcy and Lizzie, but for the Bennet sisters so wonderfully orbiting around each other.

Lizzie's always been one of my favourite characters too. She's such a sasspot, wicked intelligent and a great lover of books, so a lot of the things I aspire to be. For the look, I really wanted to go for an empire dress look which aligns with the regency period look of high waist lines and loose skirts, and the boots too are, while not of the style of the era, a great set for walking through muddy fields to sick sisters in.

Lizzie Bennet, Pride and Prejudice 
1. When Dusk Settles Modcloth Dress. $80.
2. Pride & Prejudice Earrings. $25.
3. Pride & Prejudice clutch. $195.
4. Rita Cut Out Boot Rubi Shoes. $50.
5. Chunky Knit Cardigan Topshop. $45.
6. Year 890 Book of Dreams Necklace. $150.

Previous Shop Girl posts:
Karou from Daughter of Smoke and Bone.

No comments:

Post a Comment