Friday Finds

Oh, man. I was sick this week and spent two days watching the entire series' of In the Flesh, an amazing BBC3 zombie drama series. It was such a beautifully taut and emotive show that played with stigmas on sexuality and explored discrimination in such a compelling way. Highly recommend!

Anywho, your regular Friday Finds.
- Your week in trailers: Game of Thrones season 5! The first Daredevil trailer!! I love Madame Bovary, so this adaptation with Mia Wasikowska and Ezra Miller are hitting my buttons. Angelica looks really interesting. Amira and Sam and Kumiko the Treasure Hunter both look straight up delightful.


- These Russian fairytales recreated in gorgeous photographs are incredible.





This piece on the evolution of the artist over time and the current iteration of them is really fascinating and poses a lot of questions about craft, creativity and audience.

2 comments:

  1. I have read shamefully few of those books about the quintessential female experience... and some of them I hadn't even heard of! I think though that there are a lot of great Australian books that aren't on that list that should be! What springs to mind is Ruth Park's The Harp in the South. Your thoughts?

    (PS have printed that Junot Diaz syllabi to look at later. Great finds.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too! Which totally sucks. I've read exactly ten. A few people have recommended 'Dare Me' to me recently, so I might have ordered that.

    Totally agree about the Australian books too - I'd definitely add 'Prelude to Christopher' by Eleanor Dark, 'My Brilliant Career' by Miles Franklin and 'Looking for Alibrandi' by Melina Marchetta.

    The Junot Diaz syllabi is giving me all the feelings.

    ReplyDelete