Friday Finds

So this has been a pretty big week! I received the first round of dollars as a part of my Queensland Literary Fellowship (!!) and was accepted into Tin House Summer Writers Workshop in Portland, Oregon (!!!!). So lots of writing news. It's good in a whole lot of ways. I've been hitting goals left right and centre so far in 2015, so hopefully I can keep that momentum going.

How about you though? How are your resolutions keeping?

- Parks and Recreation finished this week and I have all the sads. To feel a little better, check out these eight life lessons from Leslie Knope.

- These 22 pets who have no intention of letting you read is basically every time I pick up a book at home.

- One of my favourite books recently has been Where'd You Go, Bernadette?so I'm pretty thrilled to hear the wonderful Richard Linklater's adapting it for film!

- 11 powerful messages from women in Hollywood.

This perfectly preserved 1950s kitchen is everything.



- Which female literary character are you? I got Jo March!

- Harry Potter themed cocktails! I want to try them alllll.



- This article on women in horror is terrific, and particularly covers the wonderful Jennifer Kent's The Babadook.

- Also awesome is this piece by Jessica Alice on men who pose as feminist allies to fetishise and prey on women. 

No comments:

Post a Comment