Friday Finds

- So, in awesome ladies being recognised for writing awesome things news, the Stella Prize winner was announced and the shortlist for the Women's Prize for Fiction (formerly the Orange Prize) was also announced. Huzzah!

- Granta has also created a list of exciting new, young novelists. I want to read them alllll.  

- Seizure has just released their crime issue, and I'm really feeling the cover a lot. Photographer Matthew Venables talks about it over here.

-106 Notorious Celebrity Mugshots! Mick Jagger is kind of babin' in his? Or is that weird to say? (Al Pacino is too). Also, there's something really off about people with great, big grins on their faces in their mugshots. It's like. Time and a place, peoples.

- I'm a bit in love with this tumblr, Movies in Color, which matches stills from classic films with their colour palette. Really neat stuff.

- I'm also feeling the Japanese mail-order fashion brand Nico and... The website is testing my limited Japanese comprehension though.

- This food blog! Spoon Fork Bacon! Noms.

- Also, is everyone touring Australia at the moment? Between Martha Wainwright, Tegan and Sara, Matt Corby, Amanda Palmer, Ballpark Music, The Kooks, I can really feel my bank account taking a hit (although I am combining a bunch of these acts by going to Townsville's Groovin the Moo festival which, seriously, I am so excited for. Anyone else heading out for it?)

- As a total aside, I'll be heading to Supanova at the Gold Coast this weekend and working the Queensland Writers Centre stall in Artist's Alley.  If you're there, you should come say hi!

No comments:

Post a Comment