Friday Finds

In one of those stranger twists of fate, I have two short stories out in two different publications this week, 'Undertow', which is out in the latest Sleepers Almanac and 'Christchurch' which is out in Volume 6 of The Suburban Review. Funnily enough, they're both old stories which went through a LOT of rejection before this point, so it's a thrill to see them in print after so long. Anyway, you should pick them up! Have a read! Let me know what you think.

Otherwise, you should check these out instead -


WATCHING



I am so excited for Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. It's like Buffy meets, well, Jane Austen, and that is definitely up my alley.

The 50 Best Movie Documentaries of All Time! There's a lot here to add to my to-watch list!




READING



I've long been a bit obsessed with ballet, and this piece on what happens after ballerinas retire is a fascinating look at the devotion it takes to be one and the lack of identity when you can't be one any more.



This piece on the history of female anger is similarly fascinating.






And I am lusting HARD after these new Shakespeare covers. Can't wait to get my hands on them!





Sadder in tone, but beautiful is this piece on the new Final Girls film and reconciling yourself with the loss of a parent. 





These Harry Potter costumes no one wants you to dress in for Halloween are hilarious and heartbreaking.

And feel a little spooky this Halloween with these monsters in literature.

No comments:

Post a Comment