Friday Finds

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I've still been in the land of unpacking as I settle into my new house. It's exciting but also insanely exhausting, and I'm looking forward to everything being in and sorted. As a result of the move, I'm missing out on National Young Writers Festival too which is giving me all the sads. I hope everyone going has an insane amount of fun though! I always do. :-)

Also, hey, episode 3 of Lady Parts Podcast is UP. You should have a listen.

WATCHING




I've been watching Southland the last couple of weeks, and am more impressed than I thought I would be. It's pretty good!





READING



I love, love, LOVE Kate Beaton, and this interview with her and Lisa Hanawalt is a delight.





This woman remembering the murder of her friend by another friend in highschool is haunting and brutal.





Um, Ta-Nehisi Coates is writing the new Black Panther series! Will be making grabby hands at my local comic book store until this baby comes out.This older interview with him is great too.




13 short story collections to read if you think you hate short story collections. 





This article on the entirely insane drama around make-up brand, Lime Crime is fascinating and, well, insane.






LISTENING TO



I go on and off Ryan Adams, but his 1989 cover album has been my jam all week and is a cool take on Taylor Swift's awesome album. All You Had to Do was Stay is definitely my favourite.

No comments:

Post a Comment