Friday Finds

Happy Friday! This week's been pretty great. I'm back at the day job, tying up my old role and getting things prepped for my new one as QWC's Digital Content Editor (excited! a little terrified!) I've also been slaying at wordage too, maintaining my blog schedule (an unofficial new year's resolution) and finishing and submitting a short story and non fiction piece. It's been pretty magical. 

How about you? What have you accomplished this week?


- A WICKED MOVIE!!

- Or, more importantly, a Japanese fox village!!!

- An artist recreates seven generations of women in her family.

- Neil Blomkamps Alien sequel concept art is gooooorgeous. 

- Owl cafe!!

- This Harry Potter decorated party too.

- I've always been a huge fan of Phil Noto too, and his variant covers for Marvel are really amazing. I'd love some of them as prints!

- 23 excellent reasons to drink wine (like I need any).

- Also, hey, best ice cream and gelato in Brisbane!


- This article care of The Mary Sue on the Women Army Corp in World War II is pretty wonderful at shedding light on a little talked about piece of history.

- This article on the costuming of Selma and the politicisation of clothes is amazing. My sister is a costume designer, and I always love picking her brain about the implications her work has in crafting a film, and this interview with one of the best in the biz, Ruth Carter, is fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment