Friday Finds

- I've really liked the writing of Clementine Ford for a long while, and the article she wrote on Girls and why ugly sex is important is pretty fascinating and makes for a thoughtful read.


- This artwork by Alexa Meade and Sheila Vand is phenomenal. 

- And these vintage photographs of Swanky Nightclubs in the 1940s are also this side of wonderful.

- 10 Literary Board Games for Book Nerds! Pride & Prejudice!  The Shining! This is great.

- Why you should date a writer! And also, realistically, why you shouldn't.

- Flavorwire has a great visual history of Sylvia Plath's The Bell Jar covers. I'm a total sucker for a good book cover and a bit of Plath, so this hits all my sweet spots. I love that covers lend such unique interpretations and representations of content, and all aligned like this, you really get to see it. Lovely stuff.

- To take you out for the weekend, I was excited to see Tina Fey and Amy Poehler host the Golden Globes, and they really didn't disappoint. Poehler just keeps proving that my affection and admiration in her isn't misplaced. It is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment