Friday Finds

This cover of Dolly Parton's Jolene by Laura Marling and Mumford & Sons has basically made my week.

In other news:
- There are no words to describe how much I love this selection of female mugshots from the 1920s. The hair alone is marvelous, but the stories the photos and characters within them tell are ones I want to tuck inside my head. A part of me desperately wants to write the Harry Crawford story.

- I am pretty late to the party on this one, but Troy Library's Book Burning campaign to save itself is basically the best thing I've seen all week.


- These aerial views of Australian beaches are perfection. I kind of want the Bondi Beach one as a print on a dress or skirt.

- In writerly news, Christopher Currie did a great post over on his blog about what dispelling some of the myths on what happens after your first book is published. 

- This hipster reading flowchart is also pretty great. 

- To take you out for the weekend, check out this short film by Irish animator Eamonn O'Neill. It's pretty wonderful, juxtaposing the intensely dark content with vibrant, violent colour. It's pretty great.

No comments:

Post a Comment