Sunday Short: How to Be My Girlfriend by Sasha Burden

Sasha Burden was in the news a lot last month as her identity as the anonymous intern who did a tell-all of Melbourne newspaper, The Sun, was leaked. She's been subject to ridicule, sympathy, aggression and support alike, and the whole thing had this sort of explosive effect. All of that aside, I like Burden as a writer. Her short, creative piece How to Be My Girlfriend is a lovely, heartbreaking and tender bit of prose. It's just kind of wonderful.

We’ll never officially ask one another out but you’ll introduce yourself as my girlfriend one day and I won’t notice until I do too a week later. You’ll own three cats and we’ll make lesbian puns and ignore the felines as they watch us have sex in the bathtub.

You can read How to Be My Girlfriend over at the Farrago website

No comments:

Post a Comment