NYWF


I'm about to spend the next four days rolling about Newcastle for the National Young Writers Festival.  The festival is run every year as a part of This is Not Art, a big open event which includes NYWF, The Crack Theatre Festival and Critical Animals. To say I'm excited is a fairly significant understatement.



In an episode of last minute hilarity, I spent yesterday evening frantically doing laundry and packing up my little suitcase full of things that I might need, everything from undies to elaborate, half-filled journals. The result is that my bag is this kind of lumpy, unreasonably heavy little monster on wheels with not a whole lot of space for all the things I know I'm going to buy (because really, isn't festival season what credit cards are for?) I'm playing the whole thing by ear, doing it on the fly, and given that it's the first festival I've properly travelled for, I'm not entirely sure how it's going to go down. I'm excited though, like I said, so I figure that's a good place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment