Friday Finds

- This interview with Matthew Lamb about the Review of Australian Fiction is basically fantastic. It gives such a great insight into the history of the journal and the planning and thought behind it, into the industry of Australian short fiction and the possibilities that digital publishing allows for. Also, hot damn, Matthew Lamb is a total charmer, and a man after my own heart.
That’s the sort of drunken rant I would launch into at the slightest provocation, back in the day, and they would often be patiently listened to by the now manager of RAF, Phil Crowley. He doesn’t rant as much as me, because it eats into his drinking time. But I am a faster drinker, and can multi-task, so we can pretty much keep up with each other.
It helps that RAF is pretty great too. I really, really recommend subscribing, I mean, it's $12.99! I pay more for lunch!

- 10 Great War Books Written by Women. I've been reading The Yellow Birds by Kevin Powers for my book club, and I was excited to see this list emerge on my feed. The Yellow Birds could certainly use a lady injection, as could the war genre in general, so I will definitely be checking a few of these out.

- I also intend to make this cake immediately. It looks delish. And am a bit in love with this cardigan

No comments:

Post a Comment