Friday Finds

We're on day three of Brisbane Writers Festival, and I'm exhausted already, which doesn't bode well for the weekend. Ah well, I'll power through. In more exciting news, I'm moving house! Woo! But hey, more on that another time.

WATCHING

I was really saddened to hear of the passing of Wes Craven last weekend. He's one of those formative voices for me, and really introduced me to my love of horror. Edelstein's obituary for him is a terrific read, and this old interview with Craven is a must-watch for anyone interested in horror.



On the current suite of August flops and why these original films missed the mark when it came to marketing.





I really loved Dogtooth, an earlier work by Greek filmmaker, Yorgos Lanthimos, and The Lobster looks similarly compelling.




READING


This review of Shirley Jackson's new collection of previously uncollected works is rather lovely and insightful.





Wes Craven's secret (or not so secret) feminism.






And, to take you out for the weekend, 29 short stories you should read in your twenties. 

No comments:

Post a Comment