Sunday Short: I'm Alive, I Love You, I'll See You in Reno by Vylar Kaftan

Reno, you told me once. Reno, Nevada. When we lived in San Francisco, in that tiny apartment above a Mission District taqueria. Do you remember that conversation? We were sitting on that awful brown loveseat you’d rescued from a dumpster. You were heating dinner in the microwave, and the room smelled like curry. The fog rolled through the city and we both wore old sweaters. I didn’t yet know the relevance of Reno.
Oh man, this is a beautiful piece of writing. Intricate and heartfelt and just so loving, it tells the story of astronauts in love missing each other through space and time. Author Vylar Kaftan has a beautiful sense of language and she uses it to depict such tenderness and warmth between two people who are both perfect for each other and don't fit. Fair warning: it induces all the feels. 

No comments:

Post a Comment