Friday Finds


Totally late to the party on this one, but The Misadventures of Awkward Black Girl is pretty great.

- If you've got a little bit of time up your sleeve this weekend (maybe while you're between sessions at QPF), check out this amazing bit of prose by Sophia McDougall on hating the strong female character. It's pretty powerful stuff.

- 4zzz Bookclub did an excellent interview with Junot Diaz as he heads to Brisbane. I'm seeing him on Monday as a part of BWF's Bookend event and seriously, I'm so excited.

- Bust has compiled a kind of hilarious list of 20 Male Celebrities You Didn't Know Were Ridiculously Hot Once. I sent it around to a few friends who all had varying degrees of horror until one countered it with this list of 27 Asian Leading Men Who Deserve More Airtime. This list features my movie boyfriend Lee Byung-Hun so you know it's basically the best.

- 40 Trashy Books that are Actually Worth Reading. Also, this game The Novelist is basically the best thing I've seen all week. Given my history playing The Sims (spoiler: my sims always die), I am predicting that my novelist's life will end in death and abandon and no novel.

- These abandoned houses in rural Iceland are pretty amazing. So are these leaf studies.

No comments:

Post a Comment