Friday Finds

- This essay on Challenging the 'Women, Cattle & Slaves' Narrative by Kameron Hurley is doing things to me. Beautifully written, funny and sharply smart, you should all read this. Immediately.

- Jason Nahrung's also put together a pretty brilliant 2013 Australian Literary Festival Calendar. Which is awesome. A great resource for Aussies too, so get out your diary and some sparkly markers and make some bookings.

- 10 ways to take a bad author photo! These are great though. I need one of me conga lining like a pro.

- This is really interesting - What Fast & Furious 6 could teach Star Trek Into Darkness about half-naked women. In short - agency, agency, agency.

- Check out Bernadette Pascua's creative portfolio! Hearts in my eyes.

As a total aside, this weekend I'll be rocking out at Emerging Writers Festival in Melbourne and managing the Slow Writing Centre at Abbotsford Convent. If you're in the area, you should come say hi! I'd love to talk to you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment