Friday Finds

- It feels like talk of self-publishing's been everywhere this week, so I've compiled some of the better conversations here for you. In particular, I'd recommend reading Estelle Tang's post on self-publishing and blogging here. Writer Unboxed also has a good one here on the new era of self-publishing.

- There's a brilliant post over at The Review Review on What Editors Want. Seriously. Check it out.

- I mostly want to go everywhere in this list of stops in the literary landscapes. So, so wonderful.

- Speaking of places I want to go, the Studio Ghibli museum leaves me chinhandsing all over the place. I love it so much and am (hopefully!) going there next year.

- Flavorwire has compiled a list of 10 Great Movies Based on Poems! It all looks pretty magical. I've only seen two of the one's featured, but would already like to add Howl to the list, even if it's only kind of based on the poem.

- A friend recently introduced me to the joy that is shakespearewithgifs.tumblr.com. SERIOUSLY THOUGH. PROSE BEFORE HOES. It deserves capslock.

- These new Nancy Drew covers! That I really wished were legit. Lookit her! She's fabulous.

- The Least Wanted has a photostream of sixties mugshots and jeez, I love them all. There is something so brilliant about them - each sullen and rotund and narrow and heavy and just so full of character.

- 10 of the best Futurama inventions! I love this show.

As a total aside, I'll be in Townsville this weekend for the Groovin' the Moo festival and am kind of delirious with excitement. Tegan & Sara! The Kooks! Hungry Kids of Hungary! They're all pretty great. 

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to go to Studio Ghibli too! I'm a huge fan of Miyasaki.

    PS: I'm hosting a Suigo hair pack giveaway; hope you enter: http://www.underlockandkeyblog.com/2013/05/suigo-hair-review-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miyazaki is so, so great! I'm hoping to head to the Ghibli Museum next year, but am still budgeting for it. I'll definitely check out the hair pack giveaway! Thanks for commenting. :)

    ReplyDelete