Friday Finds



Because I'm a huge weirdo with a partiality for creatures feeling included and loved, this comic by the immensely talented Natalya Lobanova made me tear up horribly. (Also, God, the detail on that toad is impeccable).

- The Mary Sue has compiled a list of 10 characters whose genders were swapped in production. I can't even imagine most of these as the opposite sex, particularly Ripley from Alien.

- On a similarly feministing note, Jessica Barlow over at Lip Mag Online posted a cool article thinking about books for budding feminists and asking for recs in the comments. What's emerged is a pretty great little canon of feminist non-fiction and fiction, and it's definitely helping me flesh out my feminist library.

- These pictures of a baby armadillo, which melt my cold, blackhole of a heart.

I've got a big weekend coming up, full of house inspections, parties and The Queensland Poetry Festival. If you're in the area, you should check it out. It's going to be pretty great. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment