Friday Finds


Check out some of the amazing book art work by Thomas Allen. It's gorgeous and inspirational and breathes so much life into the books. There's more over at Super Punch.

- On that note, also take a look at Sarah Marino's new book covers for some classic lit, from Pride & Prejudice through to Lolita over at Comics Alliance.

- The Mary Sue has a pretty great post on entry-points for new manga readers with feminist-friendly content. Nausicaa and Sailor Moon are two of my favourite manga/anime narratives, so I was excited to see them make the cut, I'm also about to start Angelic Layer, which I am excited to read.  I hadn't heard of a few of the others either, which means my to-read list got that much longer after dissecting the list (Princess Knight sounds pretty great).

- These wonderful photographs of famous people taken by their famous friends. I adore the last one of Kerouac. 

- I am also vaguely obsessed with these sunglasses.

- Lastly, the trailer for Downton Abbey season three! Maggie Smith! Heartbreak! The money is gone! I'm bulk purchasing tissues in preparation.

No comments:

Post a Comment