Friday Finds

I've basically been mainlining Jessica Jones the last few days and it's been everything I ever could've dreamed and hoped for. I'm recapping it for Momentum too, so you can check out the first one here. Have you been watching it?

Watching: I LOVE Aziz Ansari, and this compilation of his work is pretty awesome. How beautiful does A Monster Calls look? This list of Sci-Fi/Fantasy films on Netflix is giving me a pretty great Christmas break to-watch list. ALSO THE CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR TRAILER <3 <3 <3

Reading: I had the total pleasure of seeing Claire Vaye Watkins read On Pandering as a keynote at Tin House's Summer Writing Workshop earlier in the year, and to be able to read it again is basically the best. All about fantastical, made-up languages, this list of books with deliciously bad women is really bulking out my to-read list. Patti Smith talking about masterpieces and her favourite books is a bit magical, but not quite as magical as Mary Gaitskill talking about the inherent truth in Anna Karenina. And hey, finish it up with this article on the history of women using perfume as poison.

Listening: to allll of the Adele. You should check out her live performances on SNL and just like, chinhands with me forever.

In Other News: These dogs being celebrated at Nepal's Kukur Tihar Festival are captured in gorgeous photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment