Friday Finds

- I was totally devastated by the news of Robin Williams' passing this week. I've been trying to capture my feelings on it in my head and on paper, but it's too soon, and touches on some very difficult memories, so I'm going to leave it alone for now. Anyway, Chris Gethard's tribute is pretty perfect.

- Margaret Mead on female versus male creativity is a terrific read. 

- Ursula K. Le Guin talking to Michael Cunningham about genre, gender and broadening fiction is also pretty awesome.

- I love abandoned themeparks, so to see this particularly spooky one burnt down is pretty sad.

- Sophie Turner is set to star in a movie as Mary Shelley writing Frankenstein! There is nothing about this sentence I don't love!

- These 23 cartoonists on drawing their bodies is a wonderful read.

- Why Charmed is better than True Blood. Yes and yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment