Monthlies + Farewells


Music is such a huge part of my life that it feels kind of natural to subject people to my taste on it here (or hear, hahaha, I've had a weird, pun-tastic day).  Anything from forties country through to indie rock, old soul, new folk and modern pop appeals to me, speaks to me on some level, and sure, some of it means more to me than others, but that doesn't detract from any of it either. This has been kind of an odd month for me, so have a bit of an odd mix to take you out for the month.



Speaking of odd things, one of my closest friends has gotten a job in Sydney and is moving out of my house and flying down on Friday. It's pretty great and I am so, so proud of her. She's always been such a hard worker and the job is awesome and one that she thoroughly deserves. That said, I can't be entirely unselfish about it. I've known her for ten years now - lived within driving distance for the duration of that and actually with her for two. We're very different personality types and butt heads like crazy, but we've stuck together through that. Thick and thin and all. I have faith in the strength of our friendship, that it'll survive the sideways shuffle of the move, but it's still such a strange thought to think she won't be just across the hall from me. And, y'know, there's still a big part of me that wishes my friends would stick around forever. At least Sydney's not so far anymore - I know someone who got a flight there recently from Brisbane for $56 which is pretty darn sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment