Friday Finds

I finally saw Frozen yesterday and was totally blown away by it. It's really a return to form for Disney, and the story of the two sisters hit all my buttons in narrative story telling. I've had this song stuck in my head since I saw it too and it might just be my new theme song in kicking off the new year.

In other news:

- Neil Gaiman talks strong female characters to which I say yessssss. I do find Gaiman problematic in many ways, but it's great to hear him be so frank about such a misconstrued issue.

- Zadie Smith's 10 Rules for Writing are ones to live by.

- This new volume of Whitman Illuminated is so, so beautiful.

- James Blake covering Joni Mitchell's A Case of You is doing things to me right now.

- I love a good infographic, so Vanity Fair compiling the best of them from 2013 in this handy post is pretty awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment