The Great Gatsby Trailer



I’ve been a bit of a Fitzgerald fangirl since my first year of uni where we read Tender is the Night, and I’ve since gone through the bulk of his back catalogue with a fair amount of enthusiasm. The Great Gatsby really is a masterwork of fiction and a testimony to economy in literature, where a story about excess is told so sparingly. In this way, I'm kind of excited to see Baz Luhrmann tell this story on the big screen. Regardless of whether you like him as a writer or not, he's got a pretty amazing visual sensibility which will hopefully work wonderfully with the parties and the spectacle of Jazz-Age America. 

In other words, I'm pretty hopeful and I'm pretty excited.

2 comments:

  1. I'm SO excited about this movie coming out!!! EEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty excited too! I really have my fingers crossed that it'll be as good as it could be.

    ReplyDelete