Dear Creatures Fall 2012


I’ve been pretty into fashion and style for the last few years, not especially for the currency of it, but more for its ability to both transcend time and place and to embody it. For its ability to tell stories of an era; politically, socially and culturally. I love that. I love especially this trend now in lines to look back instead of forwards, to draw from vintage threads, cuts and prints and to modernise them.

I guess it’s about paying homage, about nostalgia for by-gone eras. For pin-up girls and forties icons, sixties skirts and the grunge of the nineties. It’s exciting either way, to reminisce and to explore and to create. Dear Creatures Fall 2012 line embodies all of this, the whimsy of wistfulness. You can see some of their new line below, but I really recommend taking a look at their website for some of their older collections. (I especially love the mustard/tan dress.)

 (Collection pic care of Wolfeyebrows)

No comments:

Post a Comment