Murmur: Julian Callos



I’m not really monogamous when it comes to the arts. Whilst I’m married to writing, I have flings with film, mistresses in illustration. I try not to spread myself too thin, but there’s room in me for multiple affairs, and I tend to have too much invested in the arts generally.

The point of this is to say that I’m pretty in love with Julian Callos at the moment. He’s an immensely talented illustrator from Los Angeles and his work is just so incredibly vibrant and imaginative. He borders on the abstract, but not enough to be alienating to a viewer, instead it’s warm and relatable and always tells a story. So yes, as I said, I’m pretty in love.  I’ve put some of my favourites into this post, but I’d check out his website over here. Plus he makes a mean sculpture, so seriously. He's worth the look.



No comments:

Post a Comment